Technical Director – New York, NY, USA | Works
New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Wed 17 Aug ’22Posted on:
Shadow Architects is a New York-based architecture and design studio working on high-end retail, office, restaurant and residential projects. As the business grows, we are looking to establish and fill the position of Technical Director to work alongside the Business Director, Project Managers and junior staff.
Candidates should be passionate about architecture and construction, dedicated, personable and confident in their dealings with colleagues of varying levels of experience. Responsibilities will include technical review and finalization of project documentation, code research, building and city filings, assisting with office administration, occasional project construction administration and general office support. On a day-to-day basis, this is not a customer-facing position.
Our Flatiron-based studio has a tight-knit team of designers, a laid-back yet focused work environment, and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Must have min. 10 years post-education work experience with at least half of that time working for a New York-based architecture or interior design firm. Please do not apply otherwise.
- Salary according to experience.
- A BArch or MArch degree is required, along with an in-depth knowledge of NYC construction, building codes, and NYC Building Department filing protocols.
- Excellent technical, organizational and communication skills required. Attention to detail is a must.
- Desktop is Mac based and knowledge of Vectorworks is a plus.
- Must have a desire to be involved and support the Project Managers and Director in all aspects of a project, from initial site survey to construction, as well as the day-to-day operations of a small design firm .
- Must be a US resident or F-1 visa holder.
If you meet these qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter and construction document or project work samples with the subject “Technical Director” to [email protected]
Back to task list…